How to fix destination folder already exists in wordpress for plugin
This error ‘Destination folder already exists in wordpress’ usually comes while installing any plugin or theme. In this article, we will show you how to fix destination folder already exists error in WordPress.
Reason for getting this Error:
This error comes due to same folder already exists in your wordpress account. When you try to install any plugin or theme, wordpress extract zip file and create folder with same name as theme/plugin under plugin folder [wp-content/plugins]. Please see image as below, [wp-statistics] folder was already exists when i was tring to install wp-statistics plugin.
So i got following error,
Why folder was already exists in my wordpress account, due to any of the following reason,
- When plugin gets corrupted due to any updatation of theme.
- A previous attempt to delete the plugin or theme didn’t succeed, and it left the plugin / theme folder behind.
- A previous installation attempt was interrupted and left an empty destination folder.
- Make sure you have FileZilla or FTPclient or any other FTP software to connect to your wordpress site.
- if you dont have credentails to connect, please talk to your hosting provider and get details.
- Connect to your site using credentials.
- Check for the folder named after the plugin or theme that you were trying to install and then delete it.
Now, you will be able to install that plugin or theme.